Below is a summary of some of the increased safety measures implemented in the clinic:
Before You Arrive
- Our office will communicate with you before your appointment to document some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office. Please remember to send in the forms via email/text or simply call to go through it verbally.
Upon Your Arrival to The Office
- To maintain physical distancing, please call or text when you arrive and wait in your vehicle or outside of the office until your scheduled appointment time, please ring the video doorbell upon arrival. The office will call or text you back when your treatment room is ready, and a team member will then greet you at the entrance.
- Patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons upon entering the practice, using a disinfected iPad instead of traditional paper and pen.
- With the use of infrared, non-touch thermometers temperature checks will be done upon entering the practice.
- To maintain the safety of our dental office we kindly request that all patients arrive with their own face mask to wear while at the clinic. All patients will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entry.
- Patients showing signs or symptoms of illness, or exposure to COVID-19, will be asked to reschedule their appointments.
- Only scheduled patients will be allowed into the office. The only exception will be for patients requiring care from one guardian or caregiver.
- The number of patients at any given time in the practice will be limited and appointments will be staggered.
- Waiting area chairs will be spaced to allow for 6 feet of distancing.
- We ask that patients always continue to practice physical distancing measures in the office.
- There will be no physical contact with patients except for treatment.
- You will find hand sanitizer at our entrance and throughout the office.
- You will find lots of new signs and information posted throughout the office.
- Magazines, children’s toys, and other items that are difficult to disinfect will be removed from the waiting area.
- We will suspend providing coffee/tea at this time.
- Common areas including restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized multiple times throughout the day.
Your Treatment and Care
- All team members have had extensive training regarding the new safety measures.
- All team members will be screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms and possible contact with COVID-19 positive persons.
- Team members will have their temperatures taken daily upon entering the practice.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided for all clinical and administrative staff including, N95 (or equivalent) masks or respirators, face shields, gowns, gloves, and other protective equipment as required.
- Treatment rooms will be completely sterilized before patients are seated – extra time will be scheduled to allow our new surgical HEPA filters to eliminate 99.9% of contaminants (including coronaviruses and bacteria) from the air in the operatory.
- Patients will be asked to use a pre-procedural rinse prior to starting treatment.
Checking Out After Your Appointment
- Plexiglas screens have been installed at reception counters to protect patients and team members.
- Disinfected pens are available to use if needed.
- Credit card / payment processing terminals will be wiped and sanitized after each use.
- Each patient is reminded to inform the clinic if they experience any symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days of their appointment.
The safety of our patients and staff is our top priority, and our entire dental team is committed to ensuring your safety and comfort in receiving dental care from our office.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us directly at 613-406-6464 or firstname.lastname@example.org